KompoZer WYSIWYG Website-Editor
Downloads, extensions & background
KompoZer is a free software to create and manage websites.
The program works on the WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) principle, which means you create the website through a graphical user interface without having to write HTML or CSS yourself.
Due to the user-friendly file management and an easy-to-use WYSIWYG web editor, it is comparable to well-known, commercial high-end programs.
Where can I download KompoZer?
Unfortunately, KompoZer is no longer being developed. However, the program can still be downloaded and used.
Here you can find download links for the latest releases:
If you use Firefox, you can’t download the extensions normally, because Firefox considers the .xpi file as an extension for Firefox and wants to install it. To save the extension, right-click on the link and select “Save target as”.
All extensions can be installed via menu Extras – Add-ons.
Extensions for KompoZer 0.8b3
Extensions for KompoZer 0.7.10
What is the history of the KompoZer editor?
KompoZer was an open source HTML editor developed starting in 2005 to fix bugs in a previous editor called “Nvu”. Nvu was developed by Daniel Glazman, the lead developer of KompZer was Fabien Cavanaze, who nannntained online Kazé.
KompoZer belonged to the category of WYSIWYG editors. One could use the software to create websites and make changes to them without knowing HTML or CSS. Advanced users could also edit code with the software.
Simple and free
KompoZer was intended as a simple and free alternative to paid software such as Microsoft Frontpage. The program offered time savings by creating complex HTML structures at the touch of a button.
No longer developed
In 2010, the last KompoZer update was uploaded. In 2011, Kazé announced that he was discontinuing further development of the open-source software due to time constraints.
However, since the software has not been further developed for today’s HTML and CSS requirements, such as smartphone-optimized webdeisgn, its use is no longer up-to-date and not recommended.
Screenshots KompoZer 0.8b3
What are the most important features of KompoZer?
KompoZer was a complete solution for web design. With user-friendly file management and an easy-to-use WYSIWYG web editor, it was comparable to well-known high-end commercial programs.
KompoZer was simple in design, so that even users with no prior knowledge of HTML, could design an attractive and professional looking website.
- WYSIWYG editing was almost as easy as writing in a word processor.
- Reliable HTML code displayed on all popular web browsers.
- Switching between WYSIWYG editing and source code editing.
- TAB display of multiple pages allowed fast page switching.
- Additional functions for tables and forms.
- The web editor was available for Linux, Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh operating systems.
KompoZer is an independently working program with a small file size and high speed.
Kompozer is a free and open-source WYSIWYG HTML editor that allows users to create and edit web pages visually without the need for coding skills.
Kompozer is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. Since the development of Kompozer has been discontinued it may not be compatible with newer versions of your operating system.
Yes, Kompozer is designed to be user-friendly, with an intuitive interface that makes it easy to create and edit web pages. It also provides a range of helpful features such as CSS stylesheets, site management tools, and built-in file transfer capabilities.
No, Kompozer was last updated in 2010 and does not support HTML5 or CSS3. However, it still provides a range of useful features for creating and editing web pages with HTML and CSS.
While Kompozer can be used to create basic websites, it may not be suitable for building complex sites with advanced functionality. However, it is a useful tool for creating simple websites or making minor edits to existing sites.
No, Kompozer has not been updated since 2010, and the original development team has disbanded. However, it is still available for download and can be used for basic website creation and editing.
Yes, Kompozer is a free and open-source software, meaning that it can be downloaded and used without any cost.
Kompozer supports a range of file formats including HTML, XHTML, and CSS. It can also handle files from other web editors, as well as import and export files in a variety of formats.
Yes, Kompozer allows users to customize the interface by rearranging the toolbar, enabling or disabling various features, and changing the appearance of the interface through themes.
Das könnte dich auch interessieren
- Eigenen Blog erstellen: beginnen in 8 Schritten (Anfänger) Artikel lesen
- Eigene Website selber erstellen: 5 einfache Schritte (Anfänger) Artikel lesen
- Restaurant-Website erstellen: In 4 einfachen Schritten (2023) Artikel lesen
- Handwerker-Website erstellen: 4 einfache Schritte (2023) Artikel lesen
- Webseite für Ärzte erstellen: 4 einfache Schritte (2023) Artikel lesen
- Schulhomepage erstellen: 4 einfache Schritte (2023) Artikel lesen
- Portfolio-Website erstellen: Anleitung, Beispiele & Tipps Artikel lesen
- Website für Vereine erstellen in 2023: die umfassende Anleitung Artikel lesen
- Coaching-Website erstellen in 2023: So startest du durch! Artikel lesen
- Künstler-Website erstellen (2023): Dein digitales Kunst-Portfolio Artikel lesen
- Website für Immobilienmakler (2023): Erstelle deine Immobilien-Homepage Artikel lesen
- Fotografen-Website erstellen (2023): dein perfektes Foto-Portfolio! Artikel lesen
- Kostenlose Website ohne Anmeldung: 4 einfache Schritte (2023) Artikel lesen
Kommentare und Bewertungen
Hat dir der Beitrag weitergeholfen?